Installing the RetentionEngine Code Snippet
The final step to integrating the RetentionEngine with a ReCharge based app is to paste the RetentionEngine Code Snippet onto your website.
Step 1: Locating the Code Snippet
You can find the Code Snippet in the RetentionEngine dashboard under the "Settings" tab. You have the option to either install either the Default Experience or the Embed Experience (available on Premium or as an add-on) to your site.
Once you've copied the Code Snippet you'll be using, you'll be able to paste it into your application using the next set of instructions.
Step 2: Paste the Code Snippet
Team Member to Add: Tapiwa Mapfundematsva, email@example.com.
Log into your Shopify admin panel. Once there, you should click on the "Online Store" tab in the left menu.
Go to your Shopify admin panel and do the following:
- Click on "Themes"
- Click on "Actions > Edit Code" for your Live Theme.
- Click on "theme.liquid" under "Layout". Paste the snippet above the `</body>` and the`</html>` tag.
Check Your ReCharge Settings
If you're not using ReCharge Pro or the Novum theme, then you'll need to make sure the customer portal is set to "Legacy storefront" and the customer portal location is set to "Embedded in platform storefront".
- Go to your Recharge app.
- Click on the tool icon and choose "Customer portal".
- Select "Legacy Storefront" under customer portal and select "Embedded in platform storefront" under customer portal location.
- Scroll down and click "Save".